Thursday, December 17, 2015

Ginger, Honey and Lemon Glazed Carrots

Yum
DSC_4494.JPG


Carrots are not one of my favorite foods, but I’m a sucker for beautiful fresh vegetables. So when I saw these lovely carrots at the Original Farmers’ Market in Indianapolis last weekend, I was drawn to them. The vendor offered me a carrot to taste, and I was sold after just one bite!


IMG_0060.JPG
 
These were very sweet and tender carrots, unlike what I typically buy from the produce section of a store. I decided to keep them whole and roast them in a pan with a ginger, lemon and honey glaze. The quantities for these ingredients can be adjusted to your taste. Since I was cooking these on the stove top and not in the oven, I steamed the carrots first to tenderise them before pan roasting.

Ingredients:
4-6 fresh carrots
1 tsp olive oil
1-1.5 tsp grated ginger
1/2 tsp honey
1/2 tsp lemon juice
Salt, ground black pepper for seasoning
Chopped cilantro for garnish

Trim the stems close to the carrot top. Wash the carrots well and use a knife to scrape off any impurities from the surface. Steam the carrots until tender (~10 min).

Heat oil in a pan over medium high heat. Add ginger and the carrots. Drizzle honey and lemon juice. Season with salt & pepper. Toss well to coat the carrots. Cover and cook for a minute or two until the the carrots are browned on one side. Turn them gently, then cover and cook again until browned on the other side. Take the pan off the heat, squeeze more lemon juice on top if you’d like, and serve garnished with chopped cilantro.


DSC_4496.JPG

~Gayatri

Find us on Facebook:

Ginger, Honey and Lemon Glazed Carrots - a delicious dose of Vitamin A!http://cooksofcakeandkindness.blogspot.com/2015/12/ginger-honey-and-lemon-glazed-carrots.html

Posted by The Cooks of Cake and Kindness on Thursday, December 17, 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment