Thursday, February 4, 2016

Herb-crusted Salmon

Yum
Salmon is my favorite fish to eat. I love it in lox form on a bagel with cream cheese, I love it in sushi form (with or without rice), I love it marinated and grilled...I pretty much love salmon any way it’s prepared. Now, quality seafood is not really the first thing you think of when living in landlocked Indiana, especially if you are on your weekly one-stop shopping trip at the nearest superstore. On occasion, though, I’m able to plan exceptionally well and carve out some time to make a special trip to pick up some fresh fish. Invariably, it will last exactly one meal and I will regret not having gotten more.


Sometimes, when I plan meals ahead, I will do some sort of marinade for the salmon, such as a teriyaki type marinade. Other times, I whip up a simple dish needing almost no prep time - herb-crusted salmon! Cover with herbs and spices, pop in the oven, and done! Unless, of course, you want rice or a side. Then there’s a little more planning to do...

IMG_5395.JPG

Ingredients: (serves 2 hungry adults and 1 kind of hungry toddler)
2 medium-sized salmon filets
~1 tsp thyme
~1 tsp rosemary
~1 tsp sage
~¼ tsp pepper
~1-2 tsp garlic powder
~1 tsp marjoram
note: you can also use fresh chopped or minced herbs

Line a baking sheet with lightly greased foil. Place salmon pieces on the sheet skin-side down. Season liberally with the herbs and spices (amounts in the ingredients list are just a suggestions - adjust to preference) so that a thin crust is formed. Broil ~6-7 minutes on each side. Serve with your favorite side!

IMG_5399.JPG

~Karla

Find us on Facebook
 

Simple, succulent, savory salmon!http://cooksofcakeandkindness.blogspot.com/2016/02/herb-crusted-salmon.html

Posted by The Cooks of Cake and Kindness on Thursday, February 4, 2016

No comments:

Post a Comment