Sunday, May 24, 2015

Star-Spangled Cheesecake

Yum
As Gayatri mentioned in the recent Collar Cake post, we had a “Red, White, Blue Food Day” at work. I was not as ambitious or creative (or patient...story of my life...), but I did make a pretty little cheesecake topped with fresh blueberries and raspberries. The no-bake cheesecake recipe can be found in our Cheesecake Bites post. I didn’t really want to make the crust from scratch this time, though, so I used a pre-made 9-inch graham-cracker crust.
IMG_4044_crop.jpg

After whipping up the cheesecake filling and smoothing it into the crust, I added my red and blue embellishments - blueberries in the shape of a star (in honor of Memorial Day), with red raspberries for accents. The engineer in me needed a plan of action for the fruit design, so I drew up a couple options that I thought I might be able to replicate:
star_temp.PNG         star_temp2.PNG

However, I severely underestimated the actual size of the berries...they were HUGE! Here’s how the finished product turned out:

IMG_4048_crop_color.jpg

Cutting it was a bit of a chore, as I didn’t want to totally destroy the design before people saw it, but I managed! It ended up being a super easy project that turned out super cute...but I might be biased :-)

~Karla

No comments:

Post a Comment